Image Map
 
 
 
 



FIRST AVENUE FIRE CONFINED TO ONE UNIT. DISPLACES RESIDENTS FROM 12 APARTMENTS
6/12/2018 10:50:52 PM


An apartment fire in Arnprior could have been worse, were it not for the quick response of the Town's Fire Department. Chief Jeff Crawford says they received the call just after 7PM Tuesday, and attended the blaze at an apartment complex on First Avenue, behind McEwen's Gas Bar on Madadwaska Bouelvard. Over twenty firefighters responded to the fire, which crews were able to contain to one unit and prevent from spreading despite flames licking the building's exterior. Residents of all twelve apartments in the building were evacuated and there were no injuries. The site is cordoned off. Chief Crawford says all but four of the occupants will be able to stay with family, friends or neighbours overnight and those who cannot will be assisted by the Red Cross. It is thought the blaze may have begun as a kitchen fire, and there are no damage estimates available at this time.
   

Back to News

 
 
 
 



Copyright 2020 Arnpriortoday.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive