Image Map





GUY LONGTIN'S LAWYER HAS MADE SEVERAL DEMANDS TO RENFREW COUNCIL
5/11/2018 1:46:44 PM


   

The Town of Renfrew will release a statement Monday afternoon about the threatened lawsuit by former Fire Chief Guy Longtin.

Renfrew council passed a policy Monday that made the retirement age of fire staff 60, which meant 61-year-old Longtin was out immediately.

Longtin hired a lawyer who wrote a letter to council and made several demands that he wanted met by noon today (Fri), and also threatened a $1.7 million lawsuit.

They are:

" 1. The Town rescinds the recently approved mandatory retirement policy, at least as it relates to the position of fire chief.

2. The Town provides Chief Longtin with a sincere written apology, personally signed by all members of council.

3. The Town reimburses Longtin for his reasonable legal expenses in this matter and, 4. Having regard to the apparent bad faith and troubling self-interest that has apparently motivated these recent events and decisions, and the serious damage that they have inflicted on the future viability of any positive working relationship between yourself and Chief Longtin, it is a condition of this proposal that you immediately resign your position as Mayor of the Town of Renfrew."

The letter also says, "there is good reason to believe that the true motivation behind the termination can be linked to a written harassment complaint that Chief Longtin advanced against you in March 2017."

Renfrew Reeve, Peter Emon, says a committee meeting wrapped up earlier this afternoon and they spoke with legal counsel.

Their statement will be issued Monday afternoon.


Back to News

 
 
 
 



Copyright 2020 Arnpriortoday.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive